Naomi is a girl in the fifth-grade who lives in a trailer with her grandma and her younger brother, Owen. Her life stays pretty normal until one night when her mom suddenly shows up at their doorstep. Skyla, Naomi and Owen's mom, expects her children to forget about their complicated & depressing past and immediately accept her as their mother, but instead, she stirs up a lot of trouble for everyone. If you've read Esperanza Rising and you like it, I'd recommend this book since their stories are somewhat the same, and they're by the same author.
Rating: 10/10
Alison Wong
2 comments:
This sounds almost like another book I've read called Buttermilk I think that if you liked this book you will like Buttermilk too. I haven't actually read Becoming Naomi Leon but they sound similar. I think that I will read Becoming Naomi Leon just because they sound similar and it sounds like a interesting book.
Elise
I read Becoming Naomi Leon and absolutely loved it! I recommend this book for anyone who likes touching stories!
Lacey
Post a Comment