Tuesday, November 07, 2006

The Fires of Merlin by T. A. Barron

Third in the Lost Years of Merlin series, the author has imagined Merlin the Magician's childhood before he entered the King Arthur story as an adult and a wizard. They really don't have anything to do with the Arthur legend, but they are fun fantasy stories. This one has dragons, dwarves, people who can turn into deer, a hag, magical gems, and much much more. It took me a little while to get into the story, but by the middle, I could hardly stop turning the pages. The author has a new book set in Avalon (I believe) and is speaking on Thursday, 11/9, at the Borders in Bridgeport Village at 7 p.m.

Rating 9


by Ms. R.

1 comment:

Summa Academy said...

This series is awesome! Since I went to hear T.A. Barron speak at Borders, I have been hooked on his books. So far I have read the Lost Years Of Merlin Series, and now I just have to read the last book of the Great Tree of Avalon series. I would reccomend this to anyone.

Charles Pontrelli