Thursday, November 02, 2006

Artemis Fowl: The Opal Deception by Eoin Colfer

This is the latest addition to the Artemis Fowl series, and the only one that has caused me to read straight for 5 hours without stopping. It is the best book in the series, in my opinion, and comes right after the third book chronologically. Artemis Fowl's old enemy, Opal Koboi, has come out of her self-induced coma, and now is attempting to get revenge on the LEP and Artemis Fowl. I recommend it to everyone.
Rating 10

by Howard Chung

13 comments:

Summa Academy said...

When I look at Artemis Fowl, I see a bland book that takes place in medeval times with too much magic that looks boring. What common book is similar to Artemis Fowl?
by Calvin Kocher

Summa Academy said...

How long is Artemis Fowl? I think I may read it if the beginning and the end are very exciting!

Summa Academy said...

This post and the before post are by Sovijja Pou

Summa Academy said...

This is a great book that is fun to read. it is a mystery underground

Hunter

Summa Academy said...

There is in fact another book in the series! It's called
The Lost Colony. (Sorry it's not italicised, I think I messed up the HTML coding) It's in my opinion better, and has a great plot twist in the middle/end.

-Jake Kane

Summa Academy said...

Also, regarding the first post, the "Artemis Fowl Series" is set in the modern world Ireland, with a fair amount of sci-fi elements. It is in no way simillar to any other book that comes to mind.

Summa Academy said...

By the way, if my comment sounded like it's dissing Artemis Fowl, it's not.
by Calvin Kocher

Natalia said...

I love this book. The whole series is really well written, and Eion Colfer has to have as much wit as Artemis himself to write such complex plots... I would say two thumbs up, and I hope he keeps writing.

Summa Academy said...

Yeah, Artemis Fowl takes place in a modern with alot of HI TECH stuff. Where's Eragon? I don't see it on this blog anymore.

Joel Whang

Summa Academy said...

I love this book, it's one of the best in the series. The Lost Colony is the best one though.

~James

Summa Academy said...

Going back to what Joel said, my Eldest post did not appear either. Going back to the first post, artemis fowl is not a medieval book in any way. THere is only a little bit of magic that the characters are capable of doing. This book is more about adventure and is similar to almost any book with adventure, although this book has magic in it.

-Noah

Summa Academy said...

I disagree with the fact that The Lost Colony is the best because there is no clear antagonist and it has too much magic. I like the more Sci-fi Artemis Fowls. my favorites are the 1st and the 4th.

-Noah

Summa Academy said...

Just to let everyone know, this book takes place in the modern world, and another thing, there is not a lot of magic, mostly technology

-Jackson Poulos