Thursday, November 02, 2006

Dragon Rider by Cornelia Funke

Dragon Rider is based in a roughly modern world, although it doesn't matter too much since most of the book takes place in a humanless environment. It covers the exploits of Firedrake, a young dragon who is forced out of his home valley by the ever increasing human population. He sets out on an epic quest to dicover the "Rim of Heaven," an ancient dragon haven that the humans will never dicover, all the while escaping an ever lurking evil entity. Dragon Rider is a new twist on an old topic, and an interesting read. There are a few repetative plotlines, and you can generally guess what's going to happen next, but overall, it's a great book.


Rating: 9/10

-Jake Kane

5 comments:

Summa Academy said...

I agree, this book is good. Too much of a repeating plot, though. They fly here, something happens, they fly here, something happens, over and over and over and over and... I'd get bored after the first ten words unless this was made interesting. Thank goodness Cornelia Funke wrote it. She is one of the best authors in the world.
by Calvin Kocher

Summa Academy said...

Is this a good book for a boy or a girl, is there a difference?

Elise

Summa Academy said...

I read the first part of this book (I didn't have time to finish), but I thought that it was very funny. For anyone who likes humor, this book rocks!

Lacey

Summa Academy said...

A good book in general, and a great one for fantasy lovers, but this book lacks two things:

1. A non-repeating plot
2. An actual dragon fight. The battle against Nettlebrand is LAME.

-Mattison Enloe

Summa Academy said...

I agree with everybody that thinks this book is good. Cornelia Funke is definitely a good writer. The problem with this book (what I think anyway) is that it has no gigantic dragon battle at the end. I thought it was really funny how the mice do all kinds of stuff like flying miniature airplanes. I also agree with Calvin. The plot repeats over and over again.

~James