The Inheritance Trilogy is a series of books that have a boy named Eragon as the main character. The first book, Eragon, starts when Eragon finds a "rock" while hunting. When he takes it home, though, it hatches into a dragon! After his uncle was killed by some things that were hunting him, he flees with his dragon, and a storyteller named Brom, not knowing that he is soon to face almost infinite evil. Eldest is a continuation. The third book is coming out soon.
Some Inheritance websites are:
http://www.alagaesia.com/
http://www.shurtugal.com/
by Calvin Kocher
Rating: 20
Wednesday, November 08, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
126 comments:
King Galbatorix will die, but I think that Murtagh will kill him. It would give him(Murtagh) a sense of breaking free as everyone knows he hates the King and the Empire.
-Noah
Actually, I think that Roran will be a rider.
-Noah
P.s. That would make Eragon be in a family of riders.
P.P.S. I wonder If Roran and Eragon find Katrina
P.p.p.s. Does anybody think Selena is still alive?
Now, back where we left off. I think Arya won't be a Shur'tugal because Izlanzadi won't let her because she already was almost killed by Durza, and because she probably won't raid Uru'baen. I think the most likely Shur'tugals are Roran and Shrrgnein, the dwarf that escorted Eragon to Du Weldenvarden that has the Asculdgamen, or Eragon's now nonexistent younger brother. And Joel, I don't think that Eragon counts as an elf because he was born a human and still has a lot of human traits. Also, back to what Joel said, changing Eragon from an elf to human means that all Shur'tugals might be humans....
by Calvin Kocher
I still think that a Dwarf will not be a rider
-Noah
Riders(I prefer to call them that) were sometimes humans, but if they were humans they were trained by humans. No one else has gone through the change.
-Noah
He doesn't Have many human traits
_Noah
I think that the new book will be called Empire becase Eragon and the Varden will defeat the Empire. The Varden will also break up since the country is free now. But, Noah, Murtagh cannot kill Galbatorix. He swore fealty to him in the Ancient Language.
by Calvin Kocher
He's still human though. He was born human.
by Calvin Kocher
Roran is not blood related to Murtagh, only to Selena, so it will most likely not be Roran.
Joel Whang
Murtagh will find a way to break free. I mean, he already did not kill Eragon when he had the chance, because he found a loophole. I think Eragon will alter the rules or something.
-Noah
Murtagh is blood relatated to Roran because Rorans aunt is Selena, so he is Murtaghs cousin.
-noah
It is impossible to lie in the Ancient Language. Murtagh is under fealty to Galbatorix until he dies, or he releases him. I think Galbatorix will die, though, at the wrath of the two Shur'tugals.
by Calvin Kocher
It is impossible to lie in the Ancient Language. Murtagh is under fealty to Galbatorix until he dies, or he releases him. I think Galbatorix will die, though, at the wrath of the two Shur'tugals.
by Calvin Kocher
You ommented twice, and as I said before, it is possible if there is a loophole, and, as you said, he cannot kill him unless he releases him, which I bet someone will find a way to do. It is like harry potter no.2. Malfoy officially releases dobby because Harry tricks him into doing so. Personnally, I don't think that Galbatorix is That smart, he is just cunning and relies on powere.
If something happened that he did not think was going to happen, the tables could be completely turned.
-Noah
P.S.I think Katrina will die, or Roran will die protecting her.
P.P.S. I visited Shur'tugal.com, it was not that good
OK, I mean Roran is not blood related to Morzan.
Joel Whang
Ok, I am bringing up some topic starters here.First, I don't think that the 3rd book will be called Empire because the empire does not play a crucial part. It has been said before that the empire is not evil, It is just Galbatorix. he formed the empire so he could have an army to enforce his power. He twists and corupts it. I believe that once he is gone the empire will turn good or more evil or just more corupt, depending on who leads it, if it stays at all. That brings me to another topic starter, the political power of the empire. Once Galbatorix is vanquished, many parties will want to rule the empire. The elves will want a huge say in it, maybe even get an elven leader, because, once Galbatorix is gone, they will come out of hiding. The dwarfs, also will try and establish a place of power fo one of their dwarfs. The varden will obviosly be the main choice, because Eragon backs them, and if they have someone that will maybe slay galbatorix, be a hero. Going back to the dwarfs, I expect a revolt from them. Now that Hrothgor is gone, they will have to chose a new king. Hrothgar held the dwarfen clans together, but together, but the new one might not. Also, Many of the clans were opposed to The Varden and Eragon. If the Dwarfs withdraw their suppliees. Orrin might also, because jif he felt that the varden were fighting a losing war he would be in adangerous situation. I also feel there will be a civil war in the Varden
These are great books and everyone should read them (in my opinion).
-Mario
P.S. I agree with Noah in that Roran will be a rider (Which would mean that Shrrgnein cannot be a rider - there are only three eggs and it's unlikely there will be more anytime soon).
P.P.S. Murtagh cannot kill Galbatorix - However I believe that Eragon will be forced to kill Murtagh to get to Galbatorix.
P.P.P.S. I bet Arya dies along the way; by Murtaghs hand, That should get Eragon to kill him... :)
P.P.P.P.S. If Arya touches an egg and the dragon hatches, there's not much Islandi can do about it. Anyways, as Arya herself said "I'm not one of your weakling human women".
The Long post was by Noah. I actually think that Roran will kill Murtagh, or he will kill Galbatorix, because Galbatorix will torture Katrina.
-Noah
The Long post was by Noah. I actually think that Roran will kill Murtagh, or he will kill Galbatorix, because Galbatorix will torture Katrina.
-Noah
The Dragon on the front will indefinitely(if it is really green) be the new Dragon Hatchling, because the remaining dragons are Black(Shurikan), Blue(Saphira), red(Thorn), and gold(Glaeder), and since the colors represent the riders nobility(example:Black+red=evil, gold+blue= good) so I think it might be arya or Roran. Also, If roran is a rider, I think he will turn evil.
-Noah
GALBATORIX IS PART OF THE EMPIRE!!!!!!! IF HE HIRES EVERYBODY, THEN OBVIOUSLY, NOW THE EMPIRE IS EVIL!
by Calvin Kocher
1. The elves will not take over Alagaesia because they already have Du Weldenvarden, and there they feel closest to nature.
2. Orrin will not withdraw for the same reason that Eragon isn't: Because Galbatorix is evil and it's the right thing to do. Anyway, there's a famous saying:
"Temporary defeated is better than evil triumphant."
See if you can decode the meaning of that.
3. What will be the cause of the Varden's civil war, if at all? They're all trying to defeat Galbatorix. Any different opinions.
by Calvin Kocher
Here are my opinions:
Who will die:
Arya (by Murtagh)
Thorn (by Roran)
Galbatorix (by the third rider or Eragon)
Ra'zac (by Eragon)
Katrina will be saved from torture by Eragon and Roran, and Roran kills the torturer (Murtagh and Thorn)
Shruikan will be made good as soon as Galbatorix is killed.
I agree with Mario, Eragon will probably be forced to kill Murtagh to get to Galbatorix.
Arya doesn't seem likely to get a dragon, to tell you the truth.
by Calvin Kocher
Glaedr is out of the question. He's missing a leg, and he himself said that he is not going to fight; he is the human equivalent of retired.
by Calvin Kocher
I'm not saying that the elves will take over Alagaesi, i'm saying that they will want a say in What will happen. If galbatorix was defeated, sure there would be a few advisors and such that are evil, but for the most part it will be celebrated because the soldiers have been oppressed two, remember. Orrin might withdraw because if the varden was fighting a losing war, he would be in gret danger from galbatorix. The king has left him alone because he did not feel that Surda was a threat. The cause of the civil war will be the same thing i said before, the political power
why are you talking about Glaedr
-Noah
P.S. The last post was by noah also
As I said, Eragon will kill Galbatorix, and the elves will not have a say in what happens; Alagaesia is not their business; same with the dwarves. The dwarves are involved because they are helping the Varden, and the elves are helping because Galbatorix will eventually fight them to hopefully get control of Du Weldenvarden.
by Calvin Kocher
You counted Glaedr in your list of existing dragons. True, he exists, but not for much longer.
by Calvin Kocher
Katrina will die, by hand of the ra'zac.
This will cause Roran to go into a frenzy and kill the ra'zac.
The Ra'zac will keep the dragon eg, because Galbatorix will think it is the safest way.
The Dragon will hatch for roran.
Arya will die, but i do not know how
Roran will turn evil, but be forced to turn good by Eragon
Roran will kill Murtagh
Galbatorix will kill Roran
Eragon will kill Galbatorix
-Noah
All i was saying was that The green dragon had to be a hatchling
-Noah
We all know that Selena is dead. True, she disappeared after she gave birth to Eragon, but now she's about 60. No human in that world can live that long unless they're a Rider.
Hmmmm...is it possible?
by Calvin Kocher
howdo you know she is 60
-Noah
Because she gave birth to Eragon when she was about 35 and now she's 55 because Eragon's 20.
by Calvin Kocher
It's just an educated guess.
by Calvin Kocher
How do you know she gave birth when she was 35
-Noah
Going back to one of my recent posts, does anybody think Selena is still alive-and her or Katrina are or will be a Shur'tugal?
by Calvin Kocher
Selena probably is still alive. There's no proof that she's dead, just missing.
by Calvin Kocher
1.Selena is alive, Katrina is dead
2.No
-Noah
Wait a minute. Going way back to the first post, how do you know that Murtagh hates the Empire now? He himself said that he admired his father and Galbatorix.
by Calvin Kocher
He admires them for there power, but hates them for enslaving him.
-Noah
Katrina has to be alive for Roran to play a big part. How can you imagine Roran being a Shur'tugal with Katrina dead? He'll probably commit suicide.
by Calvin Kocher
No, he, believe it or not, likes to work for them, as he said in Eldest. He still has a pure heart, though. He can save himself from Galbatorix's wrath somehow.
by Calvin Kocher
Does anybody have any idea what Galbatorix's 'secrets of magic', so called, are that allow impossible magic feats to be possible?
by Calvin Kocher
Roran will want to become a Rider after Katrinas death because he wants to avenge her. Murtagh never said anything about liking to work for them. I dunno maybe his 'Magic" is like better ways to kill people than the words of death or ways to make himself stronger, but in doing so twisting his mind and body.
-Noah
If Kstrina dies, then he'll want to kill the Ra'zac, not Galbatorix or Murtagh. After he kills the Ra'zac, he'll return to where the Carvahallans live now and mope around in a daze.
by Calvin Kocher
Um, you're forgetting something. He can only become a Shur'tugal if he is chosen by the dragon. He won't want to anyway. He'll just want to return to his normal lifestyle.
by Calvin Kocher
The Ra'zac are under the control of the King, so he will blame him for Katrina's death.
-Noah
They are not under Galbatoris's control. They are beings of free will that choose to work for Galbatorix.
by Calvin Kocher
Who says he won't. Roran knows that he must avenge katrina. That was part of the reason he continued on to Surda. He is noble and will be chosen by the dragon. and when he does, it is not his choice.
-Noha
Trust me. If he acts the same way he did as when Katrina was captured, he will be too busy moping to do anything. AND he think, insted of him mopin, Katrina will survive and they will both join the Varden.
by Calvin Kocher
The King can kill the Ra'zac off easily. It is a survival issue.
-Noah
I know. But they are not under his control. That's all I'm saying.
by Calvin Kocher
The Varden has nothing for Roran.
-Noah
Rebellion?
by Calvin Kocher
PS Something tells me if Katrina doesn't die, he will become a major character.
The Ra'zac are not under his control, I admit that. BUT, they continue to work for him so they do not remain enemies of the Empire and continue to survive.
-Roran
No. They want a share of the Empire, and to try take over.
by Calvin Kocher
If Katrina dies, he will become an even more major character.
-Noah
No, then he'll act like he dd when she was captured.
by Calvin Kocher
Yes. But that can't happen if they anger Galbatorix.
-Noah
yes, and that will cause Roran to try and kill Galbatorix, because, if life means nothing to him, then he might as well go down fighting as a hero.
-Noah
They're not going to. If they want a share of the Empire (which they do) then they're not going to betray him or he can kill them faster then they can say 'territory'.
by Calvin Kocher
That is what I was saying.
-Noah
No. That's what I've been saying. He'll probably commit suicide or go around moping!!!!!!!!!
by Calvin Kocher
Read my earlier post. He might as well do something heroic in his time.
-Noah
Galbotrix is not a hero!
Joel Whang
P.S. If you think about it, do you think Garrow is Roran's uncle and maybe Galbotrix is his father? Just a Maybe.
Probably not, since Garrow never went to Uru'baen.
by Calvin Kocher
He will not do something heroic if he thinks that life has no point since Katrina is dead. Did you see what he was like when she was just captured??!!
by Calvin Kocher
We weren't talking about Galbatorix. We were talking about Roran. What do you think he'll do if Katrina dies? Noah and I have been debating this for a lon time. I think he'll just mope around, like when she was captured, and Noah thinks he'll go into a frenzy to avenge her death.
by Calvin Kocher
I really don't think Roran will go into a psycho rage and start killing all the evil guys, like he did when he crossed the Spine. He doesn't do that unless it's for survival. I've read how people react when people close to them die in books, and they just mope around for about a month, maybe three or four, perhaps a year or their entire life! That's probably what Roran will do if Katrina is killed, and after he's done moping, he will probably return to his Carvahallan life.
by Calvin Kocher
Ooookay. Let's back off this topic. Who do you think the nest Shur'tugal will be?
by Calvin Kocher
And back to what you said, Noah. You don't know that all dwarves feel like Orik. They might want to be a Shur'tugal. And also, do you think Selena is alive and is a Shur'tugal!!!!!!!!?????????!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!!?!?
by Calvin Kocher
Anyway, it's logical for an elf to be a rider but not Arya!!!!!!!!! She is a princess and not likely to see the last egg after what happened when she had the first one. She'll probably live in Du Weldenvarden or the Varden.
by Calvin Kocher
How do you Selena is dead?
by Calvin Kocher
Selena is dead. What made Eragon go with Brom. He wanted to avenge Garrow. That is why Roran will avenge Katrina.
-Noah
Eragon's a different case. He has a dragon. Roran doesn't ahve a dragon unless he sneaked to Uru'baen and got past guards to the untouchable egg.
by Calvin Kocher
It makes no sense for her to be alive. Maybe she was forced to marry Galbatorix, but not much.
-Noah
It doesn't make much sense. Nothing in Paolini's books is predictable.
by Calvin Kocher
As I am saying for the 60000000000000th time, whoever gets the egg does'nt have to be a rider. And whoever the rider is does not have to raid the city.
-Noah
If you look a little bit deeper into the first book, everything makes sense.
-Noah
Was she ever seen again after she gave Eragon to Garrow? She could still be alive in a nearby city, most likely, I'm guessing, Kuasta.
by Calvin Kocher
I bet Morzan killed her.
-Noah
Well, yeah. But it still doesn't seem likely that Arya's gonna be a rider.
by Calvin Kocher
PS That was actually the first time, and that was a good point you brought up.
No, I have said that Uro'Baen doe not matter quite a bit.
-Noah
Why would he kill his wife? And how, since nobody knows where she is, even now?
by Calvin Kocher
He tried to kill his son.
-Noah
I would like to point out an elf tradition here. Children parade by the egg, not adults.
by Calvin Kocher
That was out of anger, and he didn't think that would kill him. At least, I hope that's what he thought.
by Calvin Kocher
I think that this book sounds interesting with lots of twists and turns. I might actually try reading it.
Jonathan Li
P.S Calvin and Noah leave too many comments.
P.P.S Noah, that post was HUGE!!
These books are definitely unpredictable.
by Calvin Kocher
That's true that he tried to kill his son, Noah, but his wife created his son. He probably likes his wife more, even if he is a rabid antagonist.
by Calvin Kocher
By my reckoning, I actually think that either a new character will be brought in, or Nasuada will become a Rider. All of our suspects, Arya, Roran, don't seem all that likely. Plus, why do you think Shrrgnien was introduced? Paolini said he planned out everything that will happen in the trilogy before he wrote Eragon! Seriously, I'm gonna say, Shrrgnien or Nasuada and stick with it.
Child for an elf means under 20, not over 700.
by Calvin Kocher
Arya could be counted as a child, or at least a young woman, in her society. But, another note is that these are troubled times. They might need a new rider desperately enough that they would allow older people to parade past. Also Morzan would be angry at Selena for bearing a son that could possibly kill him.
-Noah
And no, they always stick to their traditions. Anyways, young minds learn more easily than old ones.
by Calvin Kocher
Arya is barley over a century.
-Noah
Arya is an exception.
-Noah
Whatever. A 'kid'is over 10. Arya is 5 times a elf kid. Would you consider a 50 year old a kid?
by Calvin Kocher
Why? Because she's royalty? Izlanzadi, if I know her, won't let Arya get near the egg.
by Calvin Kocher
Izlandzadi is a fantasy creature. You do not know her. Anyway I do agree that Arya is not that most likely candadite for rider, it is probably Roran. Shrrinein was introduced as a secondary character. why do you think that those two elf guides were introduced?so that they could be Eragons guide. Every one in stroy has a part in it, i will say that. BUT, it does not have to be a big part. Srhhgnien was introduced for a main reason, but not to be a rider.
Noah
I guess I agree with you. So then I think it will be either Nasuada or a new character. And, if the new rider is human, all of the riders will be humans.
by Calvin Kocher
How do you know? Minor characters have totally taken over from main ones in other books.
All the new riders will NOT be human. Eragon(the first one) was an elf, but there have been human riders in the past too.
-Noah
Over 100 comments!
Why won't they?
-Calvin
Why won't they?
-Calvin
Who won't what
Why won't the new rider be human?
Why won't the new rider be human?
-Calvin K.
Shurtugal.com says that Brom is Eragon's father and the weird raven's saying is about Murtagh, Eragon, and their fathers.
In my earlier post I said that not all of the new riders will be humans. some of them will be elfs and some of them will be humans(maybe)
Riders? Saphira has not mated with any dragon and/or laid an egg in any of the first 2 books.
-Calvin K.
The dwarf will not be a rider. Number one, he is not even a main character and he is a dwarf.
Jonathan
A dwarf may be a Rider. You know how there are some oddball geeks that are different in an odd way from everyone else? Maybe one of those dwarfs are going to be a Rider. There is still a possibility of an elf or human being the last Rider, or a new character will be introduced, although that is highly unlikely in the last book of the series.
-Calvin
Here is a riddle; What does Saphira look like?
Riddle was by Noah.
-Noah
Stay on topic, please.
-Calvin
Answer to the riddle posted at 1:56
-Noah
Please stay on topic.
-Calvin
Fine, I will stay on topic. I just wanted to get that in.
Last post was by Noah.
-Noah
Do you think someone will die in the third book?
-Calvin
And who will rule Alagaesia after Galbatorix is taken care of?
-Calvin
Lastly, what will happen to Eragon in the end of the third book?
-Calvin
I think it will be unlikely for a dwarf rider.
Jonathan
Personnaly, I think Nasuada and Arya will rule side by side. Eragon will die, but then come back in the form of the original Eragon. And these are the people that will die and why.
1)Katrina to provoke Roran.
more continued later.
-Noah
I think Roran will rule, and Eragon will go to the place where the elves came from.
-Calvin
Post a Comment