Friday, November 03, 2006

Inkheart by Cornelia Funke

This book is about a story that comes alive. A girl Meggie tries to stop an evil villain, Capricorn. Everything in her life changes. I think this is a great book because it pulls you in with its fantasy.

Rating 10/10
by Justine Nguyen

13 comments:

Summa Academy said...

Isn't the name Capricorn the name of a line of latitude? Whats next, Darth Vader's real name is equator? Well, aside from that it sounds like a good book

Elise

Summa Academy said...

It is a pretty good book. I read it 2 years ago, and it still is such a good book that I can remember it pretty well. Also, some other characters are:
Dustfinger: The fire-eater.
Mo: Meggie's dad and the magic of Basta, Capricorn, and Basta. AKA: Silvertounge.
Basta: Capricorn's evil henchman
by Calvin Kocher

Summa Academy said...

Capricorn is also a zodiac sign.
by Calvin Kocher

Summa Academy said...

Capricorn is also a sea-goat of Greek mythology, who has the head and forebody of a goat and the tail of a fish. While I was reading the book, I kept imagining Capricorn as some kind of Pan-Minotaur-Goat-Person dude. Aside from that, I loved this book and still haven't read Inkspell... I need to...

Summa Academy said...

Darth Vader is a Star Wars guy.

Joel Whang

Summa Academy said...

i did not like this book because of the fact that they do not go anywhere interesting

Summa Academy said...

Sorry Ms. R. about the bad punctuation. I just got Your E-mail.

-Noah

Summa Academy said...

I thought that this was a great, great book! The sequel isn't as good as the first one (that is what I think)but they are both really good books from a really good author!
Tanya

Summa Academy said...

Again, I did not like this book because all they do is travel, read, travel, get save from some kind of danger because of reading, travel, read...... It does not go anywhere exciting.

-Noah

Summa Academy said...

It was a pretty interesting book. I read it 3 or 4 years ago and it was extremely interesting although I don't think I would like it very much if I read it again now. Some of the names of the characters were kind of strange like Capricorn which is a line of latitude. I would give this book a rating of 7.

Jonathan

Summa Academy said...

Yeah, the setting is boring!
by Calvin Kocher

Summa Academy said...

Basta, pasta. Fegnolio? What hat did the author pull these characters out of? This book is more odd than good.

Summa Academy said...

I read Inkheart and I really like it. I haven't read Inkspell yet though, how did you like that?

Michelle