This book is about a boy living in a mystical 6th century. When his sister gets captured by the terrifying northmen, the boy, Jack, alows himself to be captured with her. The leader of the northmen finds out that Jack is a bard he presents him to the queen. The queen takes Jacks siter, and in order to rescue her he has to cross into Jotunheim, a land full of trolls and where everything is more dangerous. This is a good book who likes fantasy/adventure.
Rating10:10
-Noah
Wednesday, November 08, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
This book is really good and creative, especially if you like adventure books.
-Jackson Poulos
The Sea of Trolls was great. Nancy Farmer is a great author. I've also read her book HOuse of the Scorpion, that was good too, though I liked The Sea of Trolls better. For some *strange* reason, Olaf reminds me of a *certain* character from a *certain* book series... but that aside, this was a good, creative book.
~Carrie
I agree, this is a great book. Anything written by Nancy Farmer is usually automatically qualified as great! Although I can't decide which one is better, this book, or The House of the Scorpion? The House of the Scorpion would make a better movie. Anyway, both of these are really good, even though they are almost opposite types of books.
by Calvin Kocher
PS Let me guess: Series of Unfortunate Events? This Olaf is nothing like that. He kills, but he is almost all good; Thorgil is the most interesting, though.
Post a Comment