Thursday, November 02, 2006

Warriors: Into the Wild by Erin Hunter

I would've made a post for the whole series, but there is too much to say about each book for that. Anyways, Warriors: Into the Wild is about a housecat--or kittypet--named Rusty, who dreams of living in the forest by his home, despite his friend's warnings of savage wild cats who dwell within. One day, though, he makes up his mind and finally runs away from home to live in the forest. He soon finds himslef invited to join Thunderclan, a clan of wild warrior cats. He joins, and soon becomes Firepaw, an apprentice training under the Clan leader Bluestar's mentoring. Many don't trust this former kittypet at first, but it isn't long before he proves he may well be the bravest cat in the Clan...
I absolutely LOVE these books, and think that this book is spectacular, and the rest of the books are even better! The Warriors books are great for all who like cats, [somewhat gorey] battles, and/or just a good page-turner.

Rating:12


By Carrie Gonzalez

8 comments:

Summa Academy said...

I agree with the score, great series. The later books have more plot twists and constantly become more death filled/gorey, as was mentioned, just thought I should note that in case someone thought the book began slowly.

-Jake Kane

Summa Academy said...

Yeah, Tigerclaw is a real menace. By the way, did you know that there's a new series when the warrior cats have to move to a new home. There's a site for warriors, too. The URL is www.warriorcats.com. It's pretty cool. I'd recommend these books to anyone with a certain amount of patience, or a person that loves to dive into the second or third books to find some action!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
by Calvin Kocher
PS Jake, are you still logged on?

Summa Academy said...

Odd plot, though.
by Calvin Kocher

Natalia said...

I loved this book! Some of the other books were better, but the whole series is good, and though it may be a little easy read, the plot is pretty good.
~Natalia Redyk

Summa Academy said...

I don't really think it's gorey, more like 'Cartoon Violence". The battles aren't bad at all.
by Calvin Kocher

Summa Academy said...

I also wish to throw this out there for anyone who doesn't know: Sunset, the last book in the second Warriors series, is supposed to come out on December 26. After that, there will be one more series of six books called The Power of Three, and the first book will be called The Sight. There will also be a Warriors handbook called Secrets of the Clans, and a Warriors manga series, I think about Greystripe's return. I can't wait for all those books to come out!
~Carrie Gonzalez

Summa Academy said...

REALLY!?!?!?!?!? How do you know? I'm really excited about Graystripe's return, and I had no idea that Sunset was coming out so soon! If it was from a site, can you post the URL?
by Calvin Kocher

Summa Academy said...

I learned all that from various net friends, the Warriors article in Wikipedia, a site called Warriors Wish (http://www.warriorswish.net/), and Kate Cary's personal site, the Guttersnipe (http://www.theguttersnipe.co.uk/). And the Warriors website, of course, but there are better resources.
~Carrie